Join V-CAN by submitting 3 mins clip to get APPLE Mac Book Pro!
Are you AUN/SEED-Net alumni? Would you like to present yourself, your work, your acting skill in a fun and creative way? We open to any creativity. You can be serious, or you can be hip-hop, rapper, J-pop, superstars, etc.
In an effort to motivate our alumni into furthering their collaborative research and education through AUN/SEED-Net, as well as to strengthen and utilize our alumni network, we are asking for our alumni to send in short (no more than 3 minutes) videos of themselves at work showing all of these items or some of these items:
– What is your career?
– What are you doing, research or office, please tell us about you?
– How did your experiences with AUN/SEED-Net prepare you for your life and career?
– How do you see AUN/SEED-Net alumni network in the future?
– Do you have any advice or positive thoughts to share with our alumni network?
– Do not be afraid to brag a little. We want the audiences to be impressed!
– Video must be in English OR include English subtitles (or both).
– Individual or team are allowed.
– Contestant must be AUN/SEED-Net alumni
– Contestant agrees to grant AUN/SEED-Net the right to broadcast their works.
– Contestant can register in only one video.
AUN/SEED-Net alumni are former and current:
– Students of AUN/SEED-Net scholarship programs
– Advisors of AUN/SEED-Net students
– Awardees of AUN/SEED-Net research, mobility, and training programs
– Organizers and sponsored participants of AUN/SEED-Net conferences
Share your video with us by:
– Upload video to YouTube in High Definition or drive.google.com
– Fill out the form and share with us the link of uploaded video at
– January 22, 2020: Deadline of submission (by 16:00 hrs (Thailand GM+7)
– January 25-31, 2021: Voting for popularity award (Facebook Like)
– February 1, 2021: Contest winner announcement
AUN/SEED-Net will supply the winners with the following equipment:
- iPad Pro 11’’
- Apple Pencil 2
- Apple Smart Keyboard Folio
Popularity Award (2 awards):
– All contestants will receive an electronic certificate of title “AUN/SEED-Net Alumni of the Year 2020.”
– All contestants who pass to the pre finalist round will receive a set of premiums with AUN/SEED-Net logo (polo, t-shirt, USB, notebook with pen, and tote).
– All the above-mentioned equipment supplies are NOT available for the contestants with Singapore, Brunei, and Japan nationality.
– The shipping service for the above-mentioned equipment Supplies are available only for sending to ASEAN countries.
– Judges will be selected based upon various factors, including faculty staff of Member Institutions, notable members of the Steering Committee and Japanese Supporting University Consortium, AUN/SEED-Net Secretariat.
– Judging criteria includes content, creativity, communication, and comprehension.
– The decision of the judging panel is final.
– Public vote (Facebook channel) will be used for Popularity Award.
Rights and obligations of participants:
– Participants must be the original creator of the entries
– Entries must not be the re-edited versions of other works.
– Entries must be unpublished works. No plagiarism, borrowing, copying, or counterfeiting is allowed.
– Entries involving intellectual property rights disputes shall be the responsibility of the entrants themselves and have nothing to do with AUN/SEED-Net. In this regard, AUN/SEED-Net shall bear no responsibility for any disputes or claims on IPRs related to video, and AUN/SEED-Net has the right to withdraw the award.
*** Caution when using music in your video: V-CAN participant can add music, sound effects, images, and any other audiovisual materials to their video, but that content must
- be entirely original, created and performed by the members of the team, or
- be an original performance of works that are in the public domain, or
- allow royalty-free use of the material with no restrictions.
If you have any questions/concerns, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org