The AUN/SEED-Net Joint Regional Conferences in Transportation, Energy, and Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering (RCTEMME2021) was organized by Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST) this year. It also provided a great occasion to celebrate the 65th anniversary of HUST., The theme of this joint Regional Conference was “Integration and Innovation for Sustainable Development” working toward the future of our society and it drawed the interdisciplinary knowledge between Energy and Mechanical Engineering .
The two-day conference was held from December 10–11, 2021. On the first day, Prof. Le Anh Tuan, Chairman of both the RCTEMME2021 and the HUST Council, gave the opening speech. Prof. Emeritus Dr. UEDA Tamon, Chief Advisor and Acting Executive Director of JICA Project for AUN/SEED-Net, and the senior representative from JICA Vietnam office, Mr. MUROOKA Naomichi, then spoke to around 80 participants on-site and approximately 100 online.
The Regional Conference or RC is a great platform for exchanging knowledge and innovative ideas. It shares a mutual goal to elevate engineering research and contributes to work on sustaining a brighter future for our region and beyond. It was a pleasure to learn about the outstanding research projects undertaken by the keynote speakers on various topics.
- “Energy transition and development trends in clean energy technologies in Vietnam” presented by Assoc. Prof. Pham Hoang Luong, HUST
- “Development of an Artificial Kidney: Challenges in Medical Engineering” presented by Prof. Norihisa Miki, Keio University
- “Eleven picometer mechanical displacement measurements using a heterodyne interferometer” presented by Prof. Matosa Aketagawa, Nagaoka University of Technology
- “Collaboration Research and Implementation of Biofuel in the Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB) with AUN/SEED-Net – JICA”, presented by Assoc. Prof. Iman Kartolaksono Reksowardojo, ITB
- “Global Energy Situation and Carbon Neutral Strategy in Japan” presented by Prof. Hideaki Ohgaki, Kyoto University
- “Sustainable Cooling: Options, and the Need for Research” presented by Prof. Felix Ziegler, Technische Universität
Online streaming is now available on the FB page of HUST at https://fb.watch/9OrIFleSk4/
AUN/SEED-Net hopes the sustainability of the collaboration and network will bring about developments to benefit our community and society. More RCs are coming – join us and become part of our network.