The Alumni Support Program for Research (ASP-R) provides grants to support individual research projects and sustain the momentum of research collaboration among the AUN/SEED-Net community and society. The program has expanded from research activity grants to include support for virtual teaching in response to new normal requirements.
The research and virtual teaching may be in any field of engineering. Conducted in a highly practical manner and applicable for real use, the research and virtual teaching must address one or more of the following JICA socio-economic priority areas.
1. Smart manufacturing and supply chain management
2. Quality infrastructure development
3. Water resource development
4. Climate change mitigation and adaptation
5. Agriculture and rural development
6. Health and medical care
7. Disaster resilience
The support grant ceiling per project is USD 9,000 (or an amount equivalent to JPY 1,000,000 at the contract date).
Project period: April 1, 2021 to March 10, 2022.
Application preparation and deadline
- The program guidelines, financial guidelines, and application forms can be found on the AUN/SEED-Net website: https://seed-net.org/programs/asp-r/
- Apply online by December 30, 2020 at
For inquiries, please email email@example.com