The Steering Committee is composed of one representative of the Member Institutions from each of the ASEAN countries, a representative of Japanese Supporting University Consortium, a representative of ASEAN Secretariat, the AUN Executive Director, the AUN/SEED-Net Executive Director, a representative of ASEAN Secretariat, a representative of the Government of Japan, and a representative of JICA.
Functions of the AUN/SEED-Net Steering Committee include:
- To formulate policies for the operation of the network.
- To review and approve strategic five year plan and annual activity plan prepared by the AUN/SEED-Net Secretariat.
- To appoint the Executive Director of the AUN/SEED-Net Secretariat.
- To conduct periodic review and evaluation of on-going projects and activities based on the recommendations and assessment of the Executive Director.
- To review and approve ideas, innovations or mechanisms for sourcing and generating funds for the realization of a self-reliant and self-sustaining AUN/SEED-Net.
- To perform such other functions that may be necessary to carry out the objectives of the AUN/SEED-Net.
Member Institutions with the support from Japanese Supporting University Consortium shall implement to the best of their ability the programs and activities of the AUN/SEED-Net for which prior agreement has been reached. Contributions and commitment on the part of all governments concerned, together with Member Institutions, are necessary for it the implementation of the programs and activities.